atom feed10 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.nagios-users[Nagios-users] Nagios retention problem.
FromSent OnAttachments
Mark...@teliasonera.comNov 7, 2008 1:49 am
Andreas EricssonNov 7, 2008 6:07 am
Mark...@teliasonera.comNov 7, 2008 6:52 am
Mark...@teliasonera.comNov 14, 2008 4:50 am
Andreas EricssonNov 14, 2008 5:11 am
Novak, MarkNov 14, 2008 8:40 am
Marc PowellNov 14, 2008 9:16 am
Fernando RochaNov 14, 2008 9:46 am
Mark...@teliasonera.comNov 19, 2008 4:38 am
Andreas EricssonNov 20, 2008 1:28 am
Subject:[Nagios-users] Nagios retention problem.
From:Mark...@teliasonera.com (Mark@teliasonera.com)
Date:Nov 7, 2008 1:49:40 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.nagios-users

I run a nagios installation with 522 servers and 4654 service checks.

When adding or removing clients, it happens that about half or perhaps 2/3 of the service checks loose all status retention. What is more concerning is that they also go back to "initial state" eg Notifications are turned off!! This is bad.

It does'nt happen every time, and it is'nt the same servers every time.

Very strange. It seems to me like some kind of buffer overflow. It started when I upgraded from 2.9 to 3.0.4.

Best Regards /Markus Almroth Teliasonera AB.