atom feed4 messages in org.eclipse.cdt-dev[cdt-dev] Hiding running threads (new...
FromSent OnAttachments
Marc KhouzamMay 3, 2012 10:43 am.png
Marc KhouzamMay 3, 2012 12:00 pm.png
Sergey PrigoginMay 3, 2012 12:13 pm.png
Marc KhouzamMay 4, 2012 1:32 pm.png
Subject:[cdt-dev] Hiding running threads (new UI)
From:Marc Khouzam (marc@ericsson.com)
Date:May 3, 2012 10:43:46 am
List:org.eclipse.cdt-dev
Attachments:

Hi,

as discussed at the CDT conference call, there was a request to add a new
feature to Debug to allow users to hide running threads. The idea is that when dealing with large numbers of threads, the user is interested by the suspended ones, not the running ones. We agreed in the call that this was a nice feature and that it was ok to add it before M7. Of course the feature will be off by default, so
there will be no impact unless explicitely enabled.

For details please see: https://bugs.eclipse.org/375585

I'm notifying the community because we are planning to add a new context-menu item to the Debug view, as show below. Please note that this entry gives quick access to a global preference, and is not context-sensitive.

If you don't think this is a good idea, please voice your concerns, time is
short.

Thanks

Marc

[cid:898013617@03052012-2C3D]