atom feed15 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] Multi-site theory...
FromSent OnAttachments
Sander Holthaus - Orange XLAug 22, 2004 11:11 am
Sam VarshavchikAug 22, 2004 12:07 pm
Sander Holthaus - Orange XLAug 22, 2004 12:37 pm
Robert PfisterAug 22, 2004 8:55 pm
Jerry AmundsonAug 26, 2004 9:03 am
Ben KennedyAug 26, 2004 2:08 pm
Sam VarshavchikAug 26, 2004 3:45 pm
Georg LutzAug 26, 2004 3:48 pm
Ben KennedyAug 26, 2004 4:31 pm
Jacob S. BarrettAug 27, 2004 10:38 am
Jerry AmundsonAug 27, 2004 11:18 am
Sam VarshavchikAug 27, 2004 3:36 pm
Jerry AmundsonAug 28, 2004 8:14 am
Jerry AmundsonAug 28, 2004 9:37 am
Ben KennedyAug 30, 2004 7:03 am
Subject:Re: [courier-users] Multi-site theory (sort of long)
From:Ben Kennedy (be@zygoat.ca)
Date:Aug 26, 2004 4:31:38 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

On 2004-08-26, Ben Kennedy wrote:

The primary has hosteddomains set accordingly and empty esmtproutes, while the secondary has hosteddomains empty and esmtproutes set to shunt all mail to the secondary.

You mean "the secondary has esmtproutes set to the primary" ?

Yes, of course, that's what I meant. :) thanks.

Incidentally, another component of my system which I did not mention involves very low (2-minute) TTLs set on all my hosted domains, so that the canonical names for www and pop3 clients point to the currently active primary machine. It remains to be seen how well this works for failover in practice.

-ben