atom feed8 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-imapRe: [Courier-imap] UID/GID Errors wit...
FromSent OnAttachments
Roddie HasanJan 15, 2008 8:01 am
Brian CandlerJan 15, 2008 1:24 pm
Roddie HasanJan 15, 2008 2:13 pm
Sam VarshavchikJan 15, 2008 3:32 pm
Roddie HasanJan 15, 2008 5:41 pm
Brian CandlerJan 15, 2008 11:56 pm
Roddie HasanJan 16, 2008 3:57 am
Brian CandlerJan 16, 2008 12:22 pm
Subject:Re: [Courier-imap] UID/GID Errors with 4.3.0
From:Brian Candler (B.Ca@pobox.com)
Date:Jan 15, 2008 11:56:29 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-imap

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 04:13:56PM -0600, Roddie Hasan wrote:

You may find that it works if the uid is given as a name, rather than a number. (This depends on what backend database you're using)

From my courier-authlib debugs, this is what I saw being passed:

OK, next check for HAVE_INITGROUPS in numlib/config.h

This fields are the same for users that work and users that do not. The difference between the two is that the non-working users' Maildirs are in a different group than their login. This configuration worked fine before 4.3.0

I'm assuming launching imapd in a FreeBSD shell passes info the same way since I see the problem there, but I'm just guessing.

Could you explain that last bit? How exactly are you running imapd? The group-changing code will only be invoked if imapd is running initially as root, and is changing the account to settings returned by courier-authlib

If you invoke imapd directly at the shell, this won't happen. I think you'd have to invoke pop3login instead.

B.