atom feed730 messages in org.kde.kde-cafeRe: Re: http://www.linuxandmain.com/c...
FromSent OnAttachments
414 earlier messages
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 11:04 am
Ryan CummingApr 17, 2002 11:04 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 11:08 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 11:11 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 11:12 am
Timothy R. ButlerApr 17, 2002 11:51 am
Timothy R. ButlerApr 17, 2002 12:00 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 17, 2002 12:04 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 17, 2002 12:06 pm
Eray OzkuralApr 17, 2002 12:14 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 12:16 pm
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 12:26 pm
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 12:28 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 12:28 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 12:31 pm
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 12:31 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 12:32 pm
Bob RaymondApr 17, 2002 12:33 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 12:33 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 12:35 pm
Bob RaymondApr 17, 2002 12:45 pm
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 12:49 pm
Bob RaymondApr 17, 2002 12:50 pm
Bob RaymondApr 17, 2002 12:51 pm
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 12:56 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 12:59 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 1:00 pm
TinkApr 17, 2002 1:03 pm
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 1:03 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 1:04 pm
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 1:06 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 1:06 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 1:09 pm
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 1:10 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 1:11 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 1:13 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 1:20 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 1:28 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 1:37 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 1:41 pm
Vadim PlesskyApr 17, 2002 1:46 pm
Aaron J. SeigoApr 17, 2002 1:53 pm
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 1:54 pm
Aaron J. SeigoApr 17, 2002 1:57 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 2:06 pm
Bob RaymondApr 17, 2002 2:14 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 17, 2002 2:18 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 2:20 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 17, 2002 2:22 pm
266 later messages
Subject:Re: Re: http://www.linuxandmain.com/comment/ed040702.html
From:Roberto Alsina (rals@kde.org)
Date:Apr 17, 2002 12:56:26 pm
List:org.kde.kde-cafe

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Bob Raymond wrote:

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 6:11 pm, Roberto Alsina wrote:

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Bob Raymond wrote:

Give me a scientific explanation how the first spark of life began without a creator (such as God).

Give me a scientific explanation of how it happened WITH god.

There has never been a point where God has not existed, because God is the supreme being. God created the universe, which he does not depend upon because he is not made up of matter.

What is he made of? Is he not made of anything? Who made that nothing? Why is it more natural to you to imagine a non-universe than a universe?

God is not nothingness. Since you have access to Science and Health, to see a great explanation of what I believe, see S&H 502:24-5 on the next page.

Actually, I don't, but the Internet is a large place ;-)

The infinite has no beginning. This word beginning is employed to signify the only,--that is, the eternal verity and unity of God and man, including Ideas and the universe.

Now, regardless of the weird grammar (perhaps it's my bad english), I can tell you as a lapsed mathematician that you can have an infinite with a beginning.

What you have said is correct, that no one created God, and that time is irrelevant, but this is due to God's spiritual existence. Time is a mortal invention. Explain, please, who created us without an initial God-like being.

You are assuming someone did. There is no need for such an assumption. If you say there is need for a creator, but not for a creator of god, I will simply say that the universe doesn't need a creator because the universe has always been there. When the universe was not there, the terms "when" and "there" make no sense.

Let's assume then that the universe has always been in existence.

I'd put it differently: the universe has existed since the beginning of time.

I disagree with that, but from there, where does the life come from on Earth, a "mixing bowl of chemicals?"

Don't you wanna ask me what life means, too? ;-) Inorder to say where life comes from, we would have to define life.

The following statement that "the universe has no life" is clearly wrong, since we live in the universe, and we (agree?) are alive.

"Therefore there most be some sort of creator of the first life" doesn't follow from the premises.

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this mailinglist are the personal opinions of the author and do not represent KDE or the author's employer.