atom feed2 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] cron notifications
FromSent OnAttachments
Willi MannSep 14, 2002 2:46 am
Willi MannSep 15, 2002 12:49 am
Subject:[courier-users] cron notifications
From:Willi Mann (
Date:Sep 14, 2002 2:46:01 am

Hello guys!

Two cron.daily jobs want to send status notifications from the root account to root.

The problem is, that courier rejects these E-Mails with "550 User Unknown". The Log entry says from to The status notification to also fails and the EMail ends up as an attachment of an attached status notification to status notification in the postmaster-account.

The file /etc/courier/defaultdomain exists and contains "". The alias-database contains an entry root: postmaster

The postmaster-account as virtual account in userdb.

I've tried to reproduce this issue with sendmail and mail, but I wasn't "successful", it worked correctly.

Any ideas?