atom feed50 messages in org.rubyonrails.railsRe: [ANN] Rails Engines + Login Engine
FromSent OnAttachments
James AdamNov 1, 2005 8:17 am
James AdamNov 1, 2005 9:37 am
James AdamNov 1, 2005 3:56 pm
RobertNov 1, 2005 4:27 pm
Jay LevittNov 1, 2005 7:26 pm
RaminNov 1, 2005 7:29 pm
Scott BeckerNov 1, 2005 7:42 pm
Bill KatzNov 1, 2005 10:44 pm
Tom WardNov 2, 2005 2:11 am
Bruno CelesteNov 2, 2005 3:05 am
James AdamNov 2, 2005 6:00 am
Francois PaulNov 2, 2005 6:14 am
Bruno CelesteNov 2, 2005 6:25 am
Bruno CelesteNov 2, 2005 6:45 am
James AdamNov 2, 2005 6:48 am
Bruno CelesteNov 2, 2005 7:02 am
James AdamNov 2, 2005 7:09 am
Luke RandallNov 2, 2005 9:51 am
PJ HyettNov 2, 2005 11:04 am
Bruno CelesteNov 2, 2005 11:17 am
James AdamNov 2, 2005 11:49 am
James AdamNov 2, 2005 11:52 am
James AdamNov 2, 2005 12:00 pm
Edgardo HamesNov 2, 2005 12:27 pm
PJ HyettNov 2, 2005 12:38 pm
James AdamNov 2, 2005 12:43 pm
James AdamNov 2, 2005 1:17 pm
RaminNov 2, 2005 2:08 pm
RaminNov 2, 2005 2:48 pm
RaminNov 2, 2005 2:58 pm
RaminNov 2, 2005 3:06 pm
James AdamNov 2, 2005 3:35 pm
Lou VanekNov 7, 2005 2:11 pm
Bruno CelesteNov 7, 2005 2:28 pm
Lou VanekNov 7, 2005 3:09 pm
James AdamNov 8, 2005 12:33 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 12:38 am
Lou VanekNov 8, 2005 2:21 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 2:23 am
Bruno CelesteNov 8, 2005 2:34 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 3:14 am
Bruno CelesteNov 8, 2005 3:34 am
Lou VanekNov 8, 2005 3:41 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 3:45 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 4:07 am
Lou VanekNov 8, 2005 4:10 am
Lou VanekNov 8, 2005 4:50 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 5:15 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 7:42 am
alex blackNov 14, 2005 7:40 pm
Subject:Re: [ANN] Rails Engines + Login Engine
From:James Adam (jame@public.gmane.org)
Date:Nov 2, 2005 6:00:50 am
List:org.rubyonrails.rails

It's certainly possible to automatically start all the Engines, but the issue is that with the current Rails plugin-loading mechanism, this process might happen before other plugins havae loaded... so if an Engine depends on a plugin (which will almost certainly be the case for some of the Engines I have planned), there will be load problems....

From another perspective, it's good to have some mechanism of control for exactly which parts of a system are loaded during development, so I wouldn't want to lose the ability to selectively use individual Engines.

If I can come up with a reasonably simple dependencies mechanism for plugins, then it should be possible to have engines start automatically as a default. What I might add in the interim is an Engines.start_all method, or possible Engines.start (with no arguments), which will start all of the engine plugins it finds. How does that sound?

- james

On 11/2/05, Bruno Celeste