atom feed1 message in org.oasis-open.lists.security-services[security-services] Security JC call ...
FromSent OnAttachments
PATO,JOE (HP-PaloAlto,ex1)Nov 14, 2002 10:13 am 
Subject:[security-services] Security JC call for joint TC meetings...
From:PATO,JOE (HP-PaloAlto,ex1) (joe_@hp.com)
Date:Nov 14, 2002 10:13:41 am
List:org.oasis-open.lists.security-services

The Security JC is looking to facilitate joint TC meetings for security related TCs. For the moment, they are proposing to have a Joint face-to-face meeting the week of March 24 or the week of March 10.

I am not sure if the SSTC will need to have a face-to-face meeting at that time, but the action item we all took for the meeting was to poll our TCs.

Please respond to the list with answers to the following survey:

1) Does SSTC need a face to face meeting in March 2003? 2) Would you attend a meeting the week of March 24? 2a) preferred days of that week (assume 2 or 3 contiguous days) 3) Would you attend a meeting the week of March 10-14? 3a) preferred days of that week (assume 2 or 3 contiguous days) 4) Would you attend the joint plenary meeting to be held for a half day before (or after) the TC meeting? 5) Would you be willing to host the meeting? 5a) if so when and where? 6)Would you be willing to sponsor the meeting? 6a) if so for how much? 7) Do you have a geographic preference for the meeting (east coast / west coast)?

- joe

-----Original Message----- From: PATO,JOE (HP-PaloAlto,ex1) [mailto:joe_@hp.com] Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 1:01 PM To: 'secu@lists.oasis-open.org' Subject: [security-jc] Minutes - November 14 teleconference

Security JC Minutes - November 14 2002

Action Items:

JC members to provide preferred date (based on feedback from TC) for a TC meeting to meet coincident the proposed dates and for the Security JC meeting. Proposed dates are: week of March 24 2003 or March 10-14 2003. Also include the number of people who are likely to attend from your TC as well as geographic preference (east or west coast US). In addition, volunteers for hosting and/or sponsoring will be appreciated.

Minutes:

Call sponsor - Content Guard

1. Call meeting to order

2. Introductions

Hari is unable to attend but did arrange to host the call. Thomas Hardjono, Verisign will cover for Hari.

Guests: Terry Leahy, chair of the PKI Forum Steering Committee

Attendees: + Karl Best + Phil Griffin + Carlisle Adams + Joe Pato + Jim Cabral + Carlisle Adams + Chris Taylor + Pete Wenzel + Thomas Hardjono + Monica Martin

3. Darran is unable to attend. Need someone to please take meeting minutes

Joe Pato took minutes for the meeting.

4. Approve proposed agenda

No Objections

5. TAB update - Krishna may not be able to attend. - TAB is asking the OASIS Board for permission to work more closely with TCs

Krishna was unable to attend.

The proposed change would provide a formal channel for the TAB to work with TCs and JCs. Currently the TAB is an advisory group to the board and felt that they have no mandate to work with committees directly. The result of this change would keep the TAB as an advisory function - but remove any question about having official liaisons between the TAB and committees.

6. Coordinated SJC member F2F meetings

PKI Member Section is interested in coordinating SJC F2F meetings next year.

Possibilities:

The Web Services Edge in Boston, 18-20 March 2003, http://www.sys-con.com/webservicesedge2003east/

Hosts interested in sponsoring event?

Concerns about meeting adjacent to a conference were raised - if multiple TCs were to meet it would likely require more than a day.

Another concern about the Web Services Edge conference is that IETF meets in San Francisco the same week.

An alternative scheme would be to do something like the PKI forum which has a day of plenary session and then a day or two of working groups.

A suggestion was made that we decide on the format for the meeting first and that this would provide us with context for making a decision on how to meet.

Format for the meeting could be half-day of JC meeting and then half-day of "educational" presentation by the TCs. TCs would then meet for committee meetings for the next day or two.

Goal is to float some proposals to the TCs and gauge interest.

Propose week of March 24'th for a meeting. Backup: week of March 10-14.

Action: JC members to provide preferred date (based on feedback from TC) for a TC meeting to meet during these dates and for there to be a JC meeting. Also include the number of people who are likely to attend from your TC as well as geographic preference (east or west coast US). In addition, volunteers for hosting and/or sponsoring will be appreciated.

Chris reports that WSS is unlikely to be able to participate in this time frame.

7. Other business

Next meeting *Tuesday* November 26.

Joe reports that now that SAML 1.0 has been ratified as an OASIS standard, he and Jeff Hodges will be stepping down as co-chairs of the security services TC effective November 26. This is likely to result in a change in SJC membership for the SSTC.

8. Adjourn

No objections.