atom feed8 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-imapRe: [Courier-imap] Some clients do no...
FromSent OnAttachments
Artem KuchinAug 17, 2006 12:02 am
Sam VarshavchikAug 17, 2006 3:58 am
Charles MarcusAug 17, 2006 4:37 am
Sam VarshavchikAug 17, 2006 3:37 pm
Brian CandlerAug 18, 2006 12:08 am
Artem KuchinAug 18, 2006 2:20 am
Tony EarnshawAug 18, 2006 3:27 am
Sam VarshavchikAug 18, 2006 4:07 am
Subject:Re: [Courier-imap] Some clients do not see new messages
From:Sam Varshavchik (mrs@courier-mta.com)
Date:Aug 17, 2006 3:58:41 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-imap

Artem Kuchin writes:

We i have a weird problem and i have found nothing about it using google in web or new groups.

We have qmail+vpopmiail+curier-imap on freebsd 6.1 running in jail. FAM is used, curier-imap is using enhanced idle mode (i checked it).

The same box accessed via LAN from 6 workstations using MS OE 6.

The problem is that SOMETIMES (no always) several workstations see a new message, but other workstation do not see the message at all. Restarting MS OE does not help.

There are two way to see the message on the "blinded" workstations:

1) move it to another folder on the ws which sees it and the message becomes visible in the distantation folder for everyone

2) delete courierimapuiddb on the server and reload the messages

Any idea why this happens and how to solve once and forever?

Try installing a randomly-chosen service pack or a hotfix, or reformat and reinstall Windows. That, pretty much, is the only way to troubleshoot bugs in Microsoft's software.