atom feed3 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] Using courier as a re...
FromSent OnAttachments
Joe LaffeyJun 4, 2014 1:59 pm
Sam VarshavchikJun 4, 2014 4:17 pm
Sam VarshavchikJun 4, 2014 4:39 pm
Subject:[courier-users] Using courier as a relay host
From:Joe Laffey (jo@laffeycomputer.com)
Date:Jun 4, 2014 1:59:41 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Hi,

I have some email addresses that I need to relay through my courier server from another server running postfix.

I have postfix set up to use the courier server as a relay host in postfix's transport-map. This worked fine with my older version of courier (recently upgraded from a pretty old version).

Now the courier server is complaining relaying denied.

I have this in /etc/courier/smtpaccess/default

71.91.xx.yy allow,RELAYCLIENT (where xx and yy are numbers)

I ran makesmptaccess, and the date on the .dat file is up to date. I see in the esmtpd file that this is the correct place for it (i.e. I did not change the location of smptaccess).

Any thoughts on why I would get a relaying denied from mail sent through a host that is listed as a RELAYCLIENT ?

I see:

courieresmtpd: error,relay=::ffff:71.91.xx.yy,from=<jo@xxxxx.tv>,to=<greg@verizon.net>: 513 Relaying denied.

I know this worked right in my old setup. So I am trying to figure out what has changed.

Basically, I want that host 71.91.xx.yy to be able to relay any mail it wants out through the courier machine.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field, this first edition is now available. Download your free book today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech