atom feed13 messages in org.codehaus.grails.devMessage Driven Bean work-alike for Gr...
FromSent OnAttachments
Brian HuddlestonAug 29, 2007 12:02 pm
Darren DavisonAug 29, 2007 5:01 pm
Brian HuddlestonAug 29, 2007 7:44 pm
Brian HuddlestonAug 29, 2007 9:44 pm
Luke DaleyAug 29, 2007 9:57 pm
Graeme RocherAug 30, 2007 5:56 am
Brian HuddlestonAug 30, 2007 7:57 am
Brian HuddlestonAug 30, 2007 8:21 am
Darren DavisonAug 30, 2007 9:55 am
Justin EdelsonSep 4, 2007 2:14 pm
Brian HuddlestonSep 6, 2007 9:02 am
Justin EdelsonSep 6, 2007 10:41 am
Brian HuddlestonSep 6, 2007 11:14 am
Subject:Message Driven Bean work-alike for Grails?
From:Brian Huddleston (bria@gmail.com)
Date:Aug 29, 2007 12:02:20 pm
List:org.codehaus.grails.dev

Hi guys,

A number of my grails projects have a common requirement: a) A given user of the system has a long running job b) I need to control how many of those jobs are being processed concurrently for resource management reasons.

In other circumstances I would just toss the jobs on the queue and have MDBs chew on them and I would tune the number of MDBs to control resource consumption.

I've worked around this in various project specific ways (most recently a Quartz job, a query, and management service) but it would be nice to have a generic solution. Ideally it would look something like:

class FooBarMessageConsumer {

static concurrency = 5

handleMessage(def message) { // // Various Domain Object Goodness and processing goes here // }

}

Does that sound interesting/desirable to anyone? Is there a plugin, perhaps, somewhere out there that does something similar to this that I could hijack?

Thanks, Brian