atom feed5 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-sqwebmailRe: [sqwebmail] Autopurge and ctime
FromSent OnAttachments
Pawel TeczaApr 12, 2007 3:00 am
Sam VarshavchikApr 12, 2007 4:02 am
Pawel TeczaApr 17, 2007 5:27 am
Sam VarshavchikApr 17, 2007 2:44 pm
Pawel TeczaApr 17, 2007 11:57 pm
Subject:Re: [sqwebmail] Autopurge and ctime
From:Pawel Tecza (pte@uw.edu.pl)
Date:Apr 17, 2007 5:27:46 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-sqwebmail

Sam Varshavchik <mrs@courier-mta.com> writes:

Pawel Tecza writes:

Hello Sam,

What are the reasons for using ctime instead of mtime for autopurge stuff in your webmail?

mtime can be manipulated by an IMAP client.

Hi Sam,

Hm. Is it a only one reason? I ask a question, because it seems that IMAP client can change also ctime, for example while looking for the new messages in the folder.

It can be some confusing for users, because when they log into the webmail, then it moves all messages from new/ to cur/ directory and ctime of the files is changed, of course. In the result, autopurging of some old files in Trash folder can be delayed.

And some may consider it an added feature. If you don't care about the trash, everything gets purged on time. If you open it, the most recent trashed files get an extra lease on life.

OK, it's acceptable for me ;)

But I have only one little note here: a user haven't to open his Trash folder, because your webmail moves trashed files from .Trash/new to .Trash/cur folder also when a user log into the webmail successfully.

Have a nice day,

Pawel