atom feed9 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] Re: Courier and 8-bit...
FromSent OnAttachments
Juha SaarinenJan 2, 2001 12:20 pm
Sam VarshavchikJan 2, 2001 2:42 pm
Juha SaarinenJan 3, 2001 1:32 pm
Sam VarshavchikJan 3, 2001 2:33 pm
Juha SaarinenJan 4, 2001 12:10 pm
Alexei Batyr'Jan 4, 2001 1:15 pm
Alexei Batyr'Jan 4, 2001 1:18 pm
Sam VarshavchikJan 4, 2001 2:48 pm
Juha SaarinenJan 5, 2001 12:21 pm
Subject:[courier-users] Re: Courier and 8-bit to 7-bit conversion
From:Sam Varshavchik (mrs@courier-mta.com)
Date:Jan 2, 2001 2:42:51 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Juha Saarinen writes:

OK, so I have Lookout 2000 set to do the right thing, MIME'ing any 8-bit stuff
that I send.

However, Courier seems to have an 8-to-7-bit Autoconversion feature that I
didn't know about, and which munged a message completely.

8-bit to 7-bit doesn't do anything except rewrite the Content-Type: header.

Headers and beginning of message below.

Is this reformime at work? How do I turn it off?

As a first step, check your Sent-mail folder, to make sure that this isn't how the message looked from the beginning.

-- Sam