atom feed5 messages in com.googlegroups.google-ajax-search-apiRe: Why is batch detection not possible?
FromSent OnAttachments
KarthikSep 13, 2010 4:06 am
Jeremy GeerdesSep 13, 2010 5:05 am
KarthikSep 13, 2010 10:55 am
Adam FeldmanSep 13, 2010 11:23 am
KarthikSep 14, 2010 3:49 am
Subject:Re: Why is batch detection not possible?
From:Karthik (ferm@gmail.com)
Date:Sep 13, 2010 10:55:51 am
List:com.googlegroups.google-ajax-search-api

Sorry, I didn't get that. If you pass multiple q parameters to "translate" method that works. But same doesn't work with "detect" method.

My problem is unique here. I'd like to detect languages of a large number of tweets (length <= 140 characters). I don't want to mess with the API by calling hundreds of times in a minute (which is equivalent to the number of tweets indexed by my application). Batch detection would considerably reduce my API usage, but unfortunately its not supported :(