atom feed11 messages in com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-auRe: eReaders hardware / paper waste r...
FromSent OnAttachments
Tom SparksNov 7, 2011 10:10 pm
David FawcettNov 7, 2011 10:18 pm
Tom SparksNov 7, 2011 10:57 pm
David FawcettNov 7, 2011 11:01 pm
Tom SparksNov 7, 2011 11:20 pm
David FawcettNov 7, 2011 11:26 pm
Bevin WatsonNov 8, 2011 3:07 pm
Boden MatthewsNov 8, 2011 3:45 pm
Tom SparksNov 8, 2011 4:20 pm
Boden MatthewsNov 8, 2011 6:12 pm
Tom SparksNov 12, 2011 8:35 pm
Subject:Re: eReaders hardware / paper waste reduction
From:David Fawcett (omni@gmail.com)
Date:Nov 7, 2011 11:26:39 pm
List:com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-au

On 8 November 2011 18:20, Tom Sparks <tom_@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

________________________________ From: David Fawcett <omni@gmail.com> To: Tom Sparks <tom_@yahoo.com.au> Cc: "ubun@lists.ubuntu.com" <ubun@lists.ubuntu.com> Sent: Tuesday, 8 November 2011 6:02 PM Subject: Re: eReaders hardware / paper waste reduction

Sounds like they could replace their paper use with a website.

that's what thought would work on our internal network

Sure there is no reason why you couldn't host the webpage on your internal network only. Create a website, run Apache on a local machine with a static IP and you are pretty much done..

And no, an e-reader (like a kindle or something like that) is most

certainly not what you'd want. You'd want either a regular computer to access the webpage which your food bank may already have or a tablet PC and a wireless connection to the internet.

there is no ordering via phone/internet allowed

Without further information that seems like a strange restriction.

these device are going to be give to the customer while they walk around the tables and make the order

Yup and you can keep it all on your internal network if you like - the wireless router doesn't need to be connected to the internet.