atom feed3 messages in org.kde.kpovmodeler-develKpovmodeler for Fedora Core 3 & 4 use...
FromSent OnAttachments
Thomasso Bartholomew GarcieassSep 4, 2005 4:12 pm
Andreas ZehenderSep 6, 2005 10:36 am
William K. VolkmanSep 7, 2005 11:46 pm
Subject:Kpovmodeler for Fedora Core 3 & 4 users, and others.
From:Thomasso Bartholomew Garcieass (one@shaw.ca)
Date:Sep 4, 2005 4:12:43 pm
List:org.kde.kpovmodeler-devel

Yes, I'm one of those Fedora Core 3 suffers whom after upgrading from FC 3 because of the newer kernels and better security, was frustrated by not having a GUI modeller for PovRay. I really like the Kpovmodeler, and being more of an artist rather than a computer scientist, I went months without Kpov! So I'm very happy to say that I finely got it up and running while using FC 3!!!!!!!

My issues:

I had the same problems as Ken and Anreas did, first I downloaded the SRC Kpovmodeler 1.+ and got the same error: asking for freetype2. After installing freetype2 and hours of configuring and make-installing, nothing until I read this Email list. Anreas, if you could somehow post that patch on a website, maybe this one, that would be great *hint- hint*.

*****

/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:24:2: #error " #include FT_FREETYPE_H"

*****

However, I followed the 4 point instructions that William K. Volkman post in the Aug. 23, 2005 Dealing with FC 4. They seem to work well for FC 3 also, but there needs to be some clarity on the 4th and final step that he posted there? So I want to add what I did to get Kpov up and running.

Once RPMBUILD was finished, which took about 70mins to complete, I found I had no idea where the new RPM was located, or if it was a RPM I was looking for? So just out of curiosity, I looked around the /usr/src/redhat/ directory and there it was: a nice and neat folder in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ or /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kdegraphics-3.4.0/ . I simply ./configure and make install (which was super fast BTW) and presto! I'm a happy Kpovmodeler user again. Everything seems to be working fine.

Could these steps be posted on the website too, "as known issues" or something?

Thanks for a great piece of software!

Thomasso B.G.