atom feed1 message in org.apache.incubator.aries-userBlueprint and Fragment bundles
FromSent OnAttachments
Balázs ZsoldosMar 2, 2012 2:32 am
Subject:Blueprint and Fragment bundles
From:Balázs Zsoldos (bala@everit.biz)
Date:Mar 2, 2012 2:32:33 am
List:org.apache.incubator.aries-user

Hi All,

I would like to set up a development and testing system with the following tools:

- Eclipse 4.2 M5 - Eclipse Libra Launchers plugin (Nighty build)

I have two bundles: A and B. B is fragment of A. There is a <reference> in bundle A blueprint file and there is a <service> in bundle B.

I start the framework with Aries on Equinox 3.7.2. When the bundles are loaded the reference starts to wait for the service and the beans from bundle B are not processed at all.

If I set the <reference> to activation=eager and availability=optional than there are exceptions but it works well (not after updating the bean A but giving the refresh command on it).

Is there any reason why the fragment bundle blueprint.xml is not loaded until all references in the host bundle are derived? Is it like this in the spec. or is it a bug?

This behavior would be very useful for me as I would like to give tests as a Fragment Bundle to the real code (datasource definitions as osgi services in the test bundle and stuff like that).

Thanks in advance

Everit Kft. https://www.everit.biz