atom feed11 messages in org.apache.ofbiz.devRe: Change default Theme to Rainbow S...
FromSent OnAttachments
Jacques Le RouxOct 9, 2017 5:16 am
Jacques Le RouxOct 16, 2017 5:56 am
Sharan FogaOct 16, 2017 6:37 am
Michael BrohlOct 16, 2017 6:51 am
Nicolas MalinOct 16, 2017 6:55 am
Jacques Le RouxNov 2, 2017 8:45 am
stim...@comcast.netNov 2, 2017 11:30 am
Jacques Le RouxDec 1, 2017 2:10 am
Jacques Le RouxDec 1, 2017 11:49 am
stim...@comcast.netDec 1, 2017 11:56 am
Jacques Le RouxDec 2, 2017 12:13 am
Subject:Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir
From:Jacques Le Roux (jacq@les7arts.com)
Date:Dec 1, 2017 11:49:23 am
List:org.apache.ofbiz.dev

This is done, the default theme in trunk is now Rainbow Saphir, see OFBIZ-9990

I have also updated
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+Gallery

BTW it would be great if we could use the same logo everywhere and get rid of
old version at least in svn trunk It's a mess in general with images. There are 3 locations: svn repo, main site
and wiki. We should link as much as possible from our svn repo. I even wonder if we should
not ALWAYS link to it, even from the main site!

So having a copy of https://ofbiz.apache.org/images/OFBiz-logo.png into a svg
file for use in Rainbow theme would be great For consistency reason it would be great to be renamed ofbiz-logo.svg and placed
in images for better shared access than in Rainbow images. Should I create a Jira for that? Will someone take care of that for R17 coming?

TIA

Jacques

Hi,

Some news about that:

I have created few related minor issues that I want to fix before moving on

I also want to update this page before

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to

I'll before create a link to the current page as reference for releases prior to
the introduction of Common Theme

Also do we really need this obsolete page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Themes+stack ?

Thanks

Hi,

I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.

I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:

1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one
doing that with Flat Grey) 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)

Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I
personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we need to change that ;))

I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult
(impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be checked before creating a Jira for that...