atom feed18 messages in com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-auRe: Connect phone to Telstra NextG us...
FromSent OnAttachments
Jean Hollis WeberOct 31, 2007 3:34 am
Blake MunroOct 31, 2007 4:46 pm
David WhyteOct 31, 2007 6:37 pm
Jean Hollis WeberOct 31, 2007 6:50 pm
Blake MunroOct 31, 2007 7:21 pm
David WhyteNov 1, 2007 3:18 pm
Jean Hollis WeberNov 1, 2007 5:02 pm
Karl BowdenNov 1, 2007 5:05 pm
David WhyteNov 1, 2007 5:18 pm
David WhyteNov 1, 2007 5:24 pm
Karl BowdenNov 1, 2007 7:51 pm
Jean Hollis WeberNov 2, 2007 12:32 am
Karl BowdenNov 2, 2007 1:15 am
Karl BowdenNov 2, 2007 5:18 am
David WhyteNov 2, 2007 5:25 am
Jean Hollis WeberNov 2, 2007 5:37 am
Karl BowdenNov 2, 2007 7:20 am
Jean Hollis WeberNov 2, 2007 3:42 pm
Subject:Re: Connect phone to Telstra NextG using Ubuntu?
From:Blake Munro (blak@gmail.com)
Date:Oct 31, 2007 7:21:36 pm
List:com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-au

Hi Jean,

That is correct. You don't need another ISP, as you are not actually "dialling" as you were with the old CDMA phone.

Next G data is a single product, with Telstra being the ISP and also the phone network provider.

You simply dial *99# to establish the connection and then you are online immediately. It takes about 1 second to authenticate. The old technology was like WAP where you dialled a number and were charged for time.

Next G has two models of pricing available, one being time charged and the other being data charged.

Sorry I don't have much more idea about bluetooth

Goodluck!

Blake