atom feed9 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] Re: Using LDAP with v...
FromSent OnAttachments
Lloyd ZusmanMay 28, 2005 12:38 pm
Gordon MessmerMay 28, 2005 5:38 pm
Lloyd ZusmanMay 28, 2005 6:04 pm
Gordon MessmerMay 28, 2005 8:31 pm
Lloyd ZusmanMay 29, 2005 7:04 am
Sam VarshavchikMay 29, 2005 8:13 am
Lloyd ZusmanMay 29, 2005 9:20 am
Sam VarshavchikMay 29, 2005 9:28 am
Lloyd ZusmanMay 29, 2005 10:00 am
Subject:[courier-users] Re: Using LDAP with virtual and normal accounts
From:Lloyd Zusman (lj@asfast.com)
Date:May 29, 2005 9:20:12 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Sam Varshavchik <mrs@courier-mta.com> writes:

Lloyd Zusman writes:

I have another authldap question: Assume the following setup for a user with a "virtual" account: LDAP_HOMEDIR (homeDirectory): /var/vmail/whoe@virtual.com LDAP_UID (uidNumber): owner of /var/vmail tree LDAP_GID (gidNumber): group of /var/vmail tree LDAP_MAIL (mail): whoe@virtual.com virtual.com is in "hosteddomains". This works fine for the delivery of email to "whoe@virtual.com", which properly ends up under "/var/vmail/whoe@virtual.com/Maildir". Also, the user can retrieve email via IMAP as long as he/she logs in as "whoe@virtual.com". However, I want the user to log using simply "whoever", not "whoe@virtual.com". How do I enable this capability via authldap?

Add a second 'mail' attribute to the LDAP record.

Aha! Thanks.

Previously, the record looked like this:

mail=whoe@virtual.com homeDirectory=/var/vmail/whoe@virtual.com cn=Virtual User uidNumber=[owner of /var/vmail tree] gidNumber=[group of /var/vmail tree] userPassword=[encrypted password]

So, I presume that it should now look like this:

mail=whoe@virtual.com mail=whoever homeDirectory=/var/vmail/whoe@virtual.com cn=Virtual User uidNumber=[owner of /var/vmail tree] gidNumber=[group of /var/vmail tree] userPassword=[encrypted password]

However, I'm having trouble adding such a record to LDAP, but perhaps that's just a bug in the LDAP client software that I'm using. If this version with two "mail" attributes is indeed correct (please confirm), then I'll start debugging the LDAP client.

Thanks again.