atom feed1 message in org.isc.lists.dhcp-usersupgrading from 3.1.3 to 4.2.3-P1
FromSent OnAttachments
Joe MooreJan 10, 2012 9:45 am
Subject:upgrading from 3.1.3 to 4.2.3-P1
From:Joe Moore (joe.@holidaycompanies.com)
Date:Jan 10, 2012 9:45:08 am
List:org.isc.lists.dhcp-users

Hello.

I have inherited a failover pair of DHCPD servers running version 3.1.3. They
are running just fine but I need to get them to a more supportable, secure and
newer version.

I have installed 4.2.3-P1 on a lab server and tested my current dhcpd.conf file
with dhcpd -t. It doesn't have any complaints (yet). Moving an existing lease
file to the test box for further testing may be problematic.

What is the procedure for upgrading a failover pair? I know the pair is supposed
to run the same version but I need to make sure that the first server I upgrade
is fully functional before I commit the second server to an upgrade. I can run
on one server for a while but I can't have both down at the same time for more
than a few minutes .

Thanks in advance ...jgm