atom feed1 message in org.apache.hc.httpclient-usersRe: AbstractNIOConnPool memory leak?
FromSent OnAttachments
Oleg KalnichevskiJan 5, 2013 3:55 pm
Subject:Re: AbstractNIOConnPool memory leak?
From:Oleg Kalnichevski (ole@apache.org)
Date:Jan 5, 2013 3:55:21 pm
List:org.apache.hc.httpclient-users

On Sat, 2013-01-05 at 15:40 -0800, vigna wrote:

It seems like we are talking about different things. The thousands of open connections move beween *hundreds of thousands* of servers. You do not keep connections open—and anyway people often sets Apache's httpd timeout for reusing connections below a reasonable politeness threshold (e.g., 5s). We close connections immediately and move to a new server.

I am not sure. You said previously that you wanted to keep ten thousands of concurrently open connections for the sake of 'politeness'. To me that pretty much implies that the I/O reactor has to select through tens of thousand connections, most of which are not utilized. This certainly carries a significant cost in terms of performance. (Unless I am missing something).

Oleg

PS: I'll be off-line shortly and will pick up this thread tomorrow eventing.