atom feed2 messages in Starting Intro to Marketing Module
FromSent OnAttachments
Alexandro ColoradoSep 25, 2013 11:30 am
Rob WeirOct 28, 2013 8:57 am
Subject:Re: Starting Intro to Marketing Module
From:Rob Weir (
Date:Oct 28, 2013 8:57:42 am

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Mohamed Akram Wazeer <> wrote:

Hi I am Akram from Sri Lanka, i would like to volunteer for the Marketing of
OpenOffice, how can i contribute ?

Hello Akram and welcome to the Apache OpenOffice project!

Some of our marketing efforts are global, generally in English. But we also have country-specific marketing efforts. For example, those in the German-language community create brochures describing OpenOffice in German, and attend local open source conferences.

We have a Tamil translation of Apache OpenOffice, due to the volunteer efforts of Mr. V.Kadal Amutham (cc'ed). But we only have a partial Sinhala translation.

I assume that the best marketing for a product in Sri Lanka would be to have a product that supported Sinhala as well as Tamil and English?

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 12:01 AM, Alexandro Colorado <>

Hello Michele welcome to the marketing list, please let us know if you have any questions regarding the way we work and what you can do for the project.