atom feed2 messages in org.freebsd.freebsd-questionskrunk! unable to transfer the base di...
FromSent OnAttachments
Vince DianaDec 18, 2003 6:00 pm
Kris KennawayDec 18, 2003 7:25 pm
Subject:krunk! unable to transfer the base distribution from acd0
From:Kris Kennaway (
Date:Dec 18, 2003 7:25:48 pm

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 05:59:48PM -0800, Vince Diana wrote:

I tried to install freebsd os 5.1 from your site...i downloaded the iso's burned the cd's read the read me createed a fs partition and a swap partition...only to get a krunking

unable to transfer the base distribution from acd0

i am very unhappy to say the least,,, if this keeps up I will switch to an os that will actually install.

Easy, tiger! Have you confirmed that your ISO images were not corrupted (by verifying the MD5 checksum) and that the CD image burned correctly (try burning it again)?