atom feed116 messages in org.kde.kde-cafeRe: Locker-room mentality in KDE?
FromSent OnAttachments
50 earlier messages
Bob ReaApr 8, 2002 5:09 pm
Bob ReaApr 8, 2002 5:28 pm
Bob ReaApr 8, 2002 5:34 pm
Neil StevensApr 8, 2002 7:55 pm
Neil StevensApr 8, 2002 7:57 pm
Aaron J. SeigoApr 8, 2002 8:05 pm
Aaron J. SeigoApr 8, 2002 8:09 pm
Bob RaymondApr 8, 2002 8:48 pm
Paul E Ahlquist JrApr 8, 2002 10:36 pm
TinkApr 8, 2002 10:51 pm
sam mulveyApr 8, 2002 10:51 pm
Neil StevensApr 8, 2002 11:04 pm
TinkApr 8, 2002 11:10 pm
Jason WoodApr 8, 2002 11:58 pm
Jason WoodApr 9, 2002 12:21 am
Andy FawcettApr 9, 2002 12:39 am
Philippe FREMYApr 9, 2002 1:24 am
Eray OzkuralApr 9, 2002 2:06 am
Jason WoodApr 9, 2002 2:06 am
Jason WoodApr 9, 2002 2:08 am
Jason WoodApr 9, 2002 2:59 am
Andy FawcettApr 9, 2002 3:10 am
Jason WoodApr 9, 2002 3:32 am
Anne-Marie MAHFOUFApr 9, 2002 5:19 am
Alexander KellettApr 9, 2002 6:23 am
David McGloneApr 9, 2002 6:26 am
David McGloneApr 9, 2002 6:44 am
Eduardo SanchezApr 9, 2002 10:53 am
Vadim PlesskyApr 9, 2002 11:30 am
Vadim PlesskyApr 9, 2002 11:31 am
Daniel CassidyApr 9, 2002 11:36 am
Daniel CassidyApr 9, 2002 11:39 am
Vadim PlesskyApr 9, 2002 11:49 am
Vadim PlesskyApr 9, 2002 12:14 pm
Waldo BastianApr 9, 2002 12:15 pm
Vadim PlesskyApr 9, 2002 12:22 pm
Eva BrucherseiferApr 9, 2002 1:33 pm
Neil StevensApr 9, 2002 2:13 pm
Roberto AlsinaApr 9, 2002 2:38 pm
Neil StevensApr 9, 2002 2:41 pm
Waldo BastianApr 9, 2002 3:58 pm
Bob ReaApr 9, 2002 6:32 pm
Philippe FREMYApr 10, 2002 12:59 am
Anne-Marie MAHFOUFApr 10, 2002 1:45 am
Neil StevensApr 10, 2002 1:55 am
Eduardo SanchezApr 10, 2002 4:02 am
David McGloneApr 10, 2002 5:50 am
Anne-Marie MAHFOUFApr 10, 2002 7:17 am
Philippe FREMYApr 10, 2002 8:13 am
Eray OzkuralApr 10, 2002 8:22 am
16 later messages
Subject:Re: Locker-room mentality in KDE?
From:Alexander Kellett (kell@eidetica.com)
Date:Apr 9, 2002 6:23:27 am
List:org.kde.kde-cafe

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 10:08:49AM +0100, Jason Wood wrote:

On Monday 08 April 2002 9:30 pm, Chris Howells wrote:

On Monday 08 April 2002 8:53 pm, Tink wrote:

in a project, men don't give a sh*t with who they work with in a project. If the guy is a jerk or an arrogant bastard who care as long as his code is good.

I don't think that's true. I wouldn't work on KDE if I thought the people were idiots. As it happens, I think pretty much everybody who works on KDE is excellent, whatever they do.

I dunno, I've put up with some bastards over the last few years simply because they are excellent at what they do (not being a bastard, other things), and they are well and truly in the minority.

Here i'd have to admit that i'm actually female in this regard, i've _had_ to put up with jerks (*) in the past, and do _not_ just accept them as jerks because they are exceptionally good. Much more important than brilliance is ability to work in teams in most cases, and sorry, jerks don't cut it.

In the KDE project on the other hand I even like the "jerks" in most cases as they at least realize they are jerks :), in such an open community things get said that would certainly not be said in the work place.

Alex

(* - arrogant bastards / jerks / enz... )