atom feed2 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] Solaris, CSWfam, and ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Bill TaroliMay 23, 2005 3:57 am
Alex S MooreMay 23, 2005 4:16 am
Subject:[courier-users] Solaris, CSWfam, and Courier 0.50
From:Bill Taroli (bill@billsden.org)
Date:May 23, 2005 3:57:22 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

OK. I've finally reached a point where I *really* want FAM running on my Solaris 9 box, so that I can support ENHANCEDIDLE for IMAP... yes, even if FAM has to poll and there's no kernel module to help it.

So, install CSWfam I did. It appears to run normally (foreground) and has placed all the necessary hooks into the system config to launch via inetd.

Next, I unpack a fresh source tar of Courier and run a configure. I am in the habit of adding CFLAGS="-I /usr/local/ssl/include" to my configure string, and since CSWfam puts it's include in another non-standard location, I use instead CFLAGS="-I /usr/local/include -I /opt/csw/include".

The configure completes fine, except the configure output says that the FAMOpen() test fails for maildir, since it cannot resolve some symbols from libnsl an libsocket. I have been able to demonstrate that if the test includes "-lnsl -lsocket" in the compile for the FAMOpen() test, it succeeds. Unfortunately, every method I've used -- (1) trying to set "-lnsl -lsocket" in an env var and (2) modifying configure.in for maildir -- both seem to make the maildir configure step work, but break the build process.

I guess the primary thing I need to know is "how do I safely get libnsl and libsocket included when configuring and building maildir?" Alternatively, if someone else has gone down this path before and knows of a much more direct solution to making this work on Solaris, I'm *all* ears.

I'm happy to provide logs, etc, etc, should that prove helpful in understanding what I've tried. But I figured I'd start simple and let it build from here, if need be.

Regards,