atom feed3 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-sqwebmailRe: [sqwebmail] DEFAULTOPTIONS to dis...
FromSent OnAttachments
Jean-Christophe MichelApr 9, 2007 3:35 pm
Brian CandlerApr 10, 2007 1:42 pm
Jean-Christophe MichelApr 12, 2007 5:36 am
Subject:Re: [sqwebmail] DEFAULTOPTIONS to disable change passw ?
From:Jean-Christophe Michel (jc.m@symetrie.com)
Date:Apr 12, 2007 5:36:07 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-sqwebmail

Hi,

Le 10 avr. 07, à 22:42, Brian Candler a écrit :

I edited /etc/courier/authdaemonrc and added a last line

DEFAULTOPTIONS="wbnodsn=1,wbnochangingfrom=1,wbnochangepass=1"

Restarted sqwebmail and authdaemonrc. Still possible to change password from sqwebmail...

It Works For Me [TM]. Are you using some ancient version of sqwebmail and/or courier-authlib? Debian has a history of supplying ancient versions of code.

Upgrading to debian etch did the trick. Now I get user passwprds changed correctly in my db.

Another question though: is there a way to control password strength before accepting a new one ? Like adding a pipe command somewehre before the pwd update occurs... I fear some user will change their password to 'hello' to remember it more easily...