atom feed58 messages in org.freebsd.freebsd-stableRe: Unhappy Xorg upgrade
FromSent OnAttachments
Dan AllenJan 28, 2009 7:39 pm
Dan AllenJan 28, 2009 8:11 pm
Robert NolandJan 28, 2009 8:16 pm
Alex GoncharovJan 28, 2009 8:59 pm
Alex GoncharovJan 28, 2009 9:12 pm
Larry BairdJan 28, 2009 10:10 pm
Bruce M. SimpsonJan 29, 2009 4:06 am
Alex GoncharovJan 29, 2009 4:46 am
Stephen ClarkJan 29, 2009 5:16 am
Robert NolandJan 29, 2009 5:40 am
Alex GoncharovJan 29, 2009 5:58 am
Robert NolandJan 29, 2009 6:12 am
Alex GoncharovJan 29, 2009 6:25 am
Robert NolandJan 29, 2009 6:43 am
Robert NolandJan 29, 2009 8:25 am
Freddie CashJan 29, 2009 8:33 am
Dan AllenJan 29, 2009 1:32 pm
Stephen ClarkJan 29, 2009 1:45 pm
Robert NolandJan 29, 2009 1:58 pm
S.N.GrigorievJan 30, 2009 1:16 am
Markus HitterJan 30, 2009 1:59 am
keneassonJan 30, 2009 2:03 am
S.N.GrigorievJan 30, 2009 4:52 am
Peter JeremyJan 30, 2009 11:53 am
Kostik BelousovJan 30, 2009 12:25 pm
Alex GoncharovJan 30, 2009 1:12 pm
Bruce M. SimpsonJan 30, 2009 5:04 pm
Danny BranissJan 31, 2009 3:04 am
vehemensJan 31, 2009 11:53 am
Alex GoncharovJan 31, 2009 1:25 pm
vehemensJan 31, 2009 1:51 pm
Alex GoncharovJan 31, 2009 4:20 pm
Stephen ClarkJan 31, 2009 4:40 pm
Andrew ReillyJan 31, 2009 6:12 pm
Matt DawsonFeb 1, 2009 6:17 am
Alex GoncharovFeb 1, 2009 6:37 am
Alexandre "Sunny" KovalenkoFeb 1, 2009 9:03 am
Alex GoncharovFeb 1, 2009 11:11 am
Matthew D. FullerFeb 1, 2009 12:48 pm
Alex GoncharovFeb 1, 2009 1:02 pm
Bruce M. SimpsonFeb 8, 2009 6:08 pm
Robert NolandFeb 8, 2009 9:31 pm
Robert NolandFeb 8, 2009 10:00 pm
Bruce M. SimpsonFeb 9, 2009 11:26 am
Robert NolandFeb 9, 2009 11:43 am
S.N.GrigorievFeb 9, 2009 11:53 am
Bruce M. SimpsonFeb 9, 2009 3:30 pm
Robert NolandFeb 9, 2009 10:07 pm
Bruce M. SimpsonFeb 10, 2009 9:57 am
9 later messages
Subject:Re: Unhappy Xorg upgrade
From:Peter Jeremy (pete@optushome.com.au)
Date:Jan 30, 2009 11:53:11 am
List:org.freebsd.freebsd-stable

As a general note, this is the second time in a row that an X.org upgrade broke X for a significant number of people. IMO, this suggests that our approach to X.org upgrades needs significant changes (see below). X11 is a critical component for anyone who is using FreeBSD as a desktop and having upgrades fail or come with significant POLA violations and regressions for significant numbers of people is not acceptable.