atom feed2 messages in org.apache.xerces.generalproblem compiling after installing xe...
FromSent OnAttachments
DANIEL CHRISTIENov 1, 2000 10:24 am
Turzhavskiy, Stanislav (CICG-EDSI)Nov 1, 2000 10:57 am
Subject:problem compiling after installing xerces
From:DANIEL CHRISTIE (DANI@morningstar.com)
Date:Nov 1, 2000 10:24:03 am
List:org.apache.xerces.general

I have just installed the xerces xml parser. I have set my class path to point to the jar file. I can't compile some simple code using it.

import org.xml.sax.XMLReader;

import org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser;

public class saxparserdemo {

public void performDemo(String uri) { System.out.println("Parsing XML File: " + uri + "\n\n");

XMLReader parser = new SAXParser();

}

public static void main(String[] args) { if (args.length !=1) { System.out.println("Usage: java SAXParserDemo [XML URI]"); System.exit(0); }

String uri = args[0]; SAXParserDemo parserDemo = new saxparserdemo(); //parserDemo.performDemo(uri); } }

When I compile this code - the error says it cannot resolve the symbol - class XMLReader, package sax and points to the import statement import org.xml.sax.XMLReader; It does the same for the other import statement. It seems to be seeing the classes - my java ide gives me intellisence as I type in the imports - ex: after org.apache.xerces it gives me parsers as a choice.

I am stumped.

I've installed xerces 1.2.1 and jdk 1.3

thanks for your help.

Dan