atom feed8 messages in com.googlegroups.google-ajax-search-apiRe: Getting Site Index Status
FromSent OnAttachments
Vikrant SinghSep 27, 2010 4:23 am
Jeremy GeerdesSep 27, 2010 5:41 am
Vikrant SinghSep 28, 2010 1:17 am.Other
Jay VasdewaniSep 28, 2010 1:21 am
Vikrant SinghSep 28, 2010 1:58 am
Jeremy GeerdesSep 28, 2010 3:47 am
Jay VasdewaniSep 28, 2010 3:58 am
Vikrant SinghSep 29, 2010 10:16 pm
Subject:Re: Getting Site Index Status
From:Jeremy Geerdes (jrge@gmail.com)
Date:Sep 27, 2010 5:41:46 am
List:com.googlegroups.google-ajax-search-api

You can try to send the same site:domainname.com query to the Search API, but
the response will not be particularly reliable. To be frank, the API struggles
with searches that include operators, particularly site: . Alternatively, you
could set up a Custom Search Engine which is restricted to a given site,
restrict the Search API to the CSE, and then submit your query. This is
generally far more reliable than the other method. However, this is probably
more work than just running the query in Google manually.

All of this said, I should note that, generally speaking, this kind of search is
done by SEO operators who have a tendency to test a large number of domains
automatically. If this is your intention, you must note that the API's TOS
prohibit the use of robots, spiders, and other applications which submit large
numbers of automated queries.

Jeremy R. Geerdes Effective website design & development Des Moines, IA

For more information or a project quote: http://jgeerdes.home.mchsi.com jrge@gmail.com

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!