atom feed4 messages in org.apache.incubator.aries-userRe: Transactions with Blueprint
FromSent OnAttachments
Dutertry NicolasFeb 24, 2014 5:00 am
David JencksFeb 24, 2014 10:54 am
Dutertry NicolasFeb 25, 2014 8:12 am
David JencksFeb 25, 2014 3:58 pm
Subject:Re: Transactions with Blueprint
From:David Jencks (davi@yahoo.com)
Date:Feb 25, 2014 3:58:49 pm
List:org.apache.incubator.aries-user

geronimo transaction manager != geronimo connection manager, although they work
well together.

I'm glad you got it working.

On Feb 25, 2014, at 8:12 AM, Dutertry Nicolas <Nico@HRACCESS.com>
wrote:

Actually Geronimo transaction manager is embedded in aries transaction manager
bundle.

I have finally managed to have a non-XA datasource properly handled by JTA. To
do so, I have used BasicManagedDataSource from commons dbcp. The datasource can be configured like that with blueprint:

<reference id="transactionManager"
interface="javax.transaction.TransactionManager"/>

<bean id="dataSource"

Regards,

-----Original Message----- From: David Jencks [mailto:davi@yahoo.com] Sent: lundi 24 février 2014 19:54 To: us@aries.apache.org Subject: Re: Transactions with Blueprint

I don't know what you are using to support jta and connection management. In
order to use jta + a non-xa-datasource you need a connection manager that knows
how to do this and it needs to be configured properly. The geronimo connection
manager does this but I don't know if its installed secretly in the aries jta
support.

If you use an xa datasource you'll still only get one phase commit since there
is only one participant, so if the driver is written reasonably it should be as
fast as a non-xa datasource. (the "start transaction" xa message would be
replaced by "auto commit off" for a non-xa datasource. Of course this might not
result in a message to the server, depending on how the driver is written).

On Feb 24, 2014, at 5:00 AM, Dutertry Nicolas <Nico@HRACCESS.com>