atom feed75 messages in org.kde.kde-cafeRe: KDE and Total World Domination
FromSent OnAttachments
46 earlier messages
Lauri WattsApr 14, 2002 3:11 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 14, 2002 3:22 pm
Lauri WattsApr 14, 2002 3:38 pm
Philippe FREMYApr 15, 2002 1:48 am
Philippe FREMYApr 15, 2002 2:08 am
Neil StevensApr 15, 2002 4:09 am
Philippe FREMYApr 15, 2002 5:12 am
Tim NormanApr 15, 2002 5:16 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 15, 2002 9:05 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 15, 2002 9:09 am
Bob ReaApr 15, 2002 9:30 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 15, 2002 9:51 am
Daniel CassidyApr 15, 2002 11:42 am
Daniel CassidyApr 15, 2002 11:42 am
Eva BrucherseiferApr 15, 2002 2:07 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 15, 2002 2:19 pm
Maks OrlovichApr 15, 2002 3:00 pm
Bob ReaApr 15, 2002 5:28 pm
Tim NormanApr 15, 2002 7:44 pm
Bernhard RosenkraenzerApr 16, 2002 6:26 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 16, 2002 6:40 am
Timothy R. ButlerApr 16, 2002 12:10 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 16, 2002 12:22 pm
Scott WheelerApr 16, 2002 3:59 pm
Waldo BastianApr 16, 2002 4:49 pm
Scott WheelerApr 16, 2002 5:06 pm
Waldo BastianApr 16, 2002 5:21 pm
Scott WheelerApr 16, 2002 8:12 pm
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 9:16 am
Subject:Re: KDE and Total World Domination
From:Waldo Bastian (bast@kde.org)
Date:Apr 16, 2002 4:49:59 pm
List:org.kde.kde-cafe

On Tuesday 16 April 2002 03:59 pm, Scott Wheeler wrote:

Roberto Alsina wrote:

Of course you can not mix and match pieces of both licenses, but having an application link to it licensed under the QPL and another link to it under the GPL seems quite OK, even if both link to the same binary.

I'm curious how something like this works with qt-copy (KDE CVS)? I don't want to disturb this, but I'm curious. KDE makes patches to and distributes qt-copy (via CVS). Thus the QPL is violated and presumable no longer valid for that copy of the Qt distribution (as it contains modifications not made by the copyright holder).

The QPL allows that: "3. You may make modifications to the Software and distribute your modifications, in a form that is separate from the Software, such as patches."

So your assertion that the QPL is violated does not hold.

Cheers, Waldo

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this mailinglist are the personal opinions of the author and do not represent KDE or the author's employer.