atom feed1 message in org.apache.hc.httpclient-usersNTLMv2 connection
FromSent OnAttachments
Godbey, David J. (HQ-LM020)[DIGITAL MANAGEMENT INC.]Jan 18, 2013 11:43 am
Subject:NTLMv2 connection
From:Godbey, David J. (HQ-LM020)[DIGITAL MANAGEMENT INC.] (davi@nasa.gov)
Date:Jan 18, 2013 11:43:01 am
List:org.apache.hc.httpclient-users

When I login to my Exchange server via http-client for the first time, I get the
following string out of the http-client to the server log. Subsequent
connections does not get the below warning. All transactions are working
properly.

My sysops production person has asked if this warning can be suppressed since we
think we understand it, and it is not really a problem.

My guess is that in the NTLMv2 negotiation, the Exchange server first requests a
Kerberos ticket. If the ticket is unavailable, the server requests credentials,
and this warning is issued by http-client. Do I have this right?

Is there a way to suppress this warning?

2013/01/18 13:32:58:412 CST [WARN] RequestTargetAuthentication - NEGOTIATE
authentication error: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: No valid
credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt))