atom feed4 messages in org.mozilla.lists.dev-apps-bugzillaRe: First Draft of Quick Start Guide
FromSent OnAttachments
Gervase MarkhamAug 6, 2014 3:57 am
Colin OgilvieAug 6, 2014 7:59 am
Gervase MarkhamAug 6, 2014 8:10 am
Cédric CorazzaAug 8, 2014 3:23 pm
Subject:Re: First Draft of Quick Start Guide
From:Gervase Markham (ge@mozilla.org)
Date:Aug 6, 2014 8:10:45 am
List:org.mozilla.lists.dev-apps-bugzilla

On 06/08/14 15:59, Colin Ogilvie wrote:

While I'm installing mmysql and apache as part of the apt-get command, I'm also meant to be configuring them in another terminal window? What happens if I get to that stage and something has not installed yet?

Well spotted... the answer is that mysql and apache should both have been installed as part of the initial OS installation, when you picked "LAMP Server" as one of the server roles. They are in the apt-get command just as a belt-and-braces thing, in case they get the earlier bit wrong. If you think that's confusing, we could take them out.

Gerv