atom feed37 messages in org.apache.incubator.callback-devRe: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple...
FromSent OnAttachments
Gord TannerJul 20, 2012 4:20 pm
Filip MajJul 21, 2012 3:12 pm
Ross GardlerJul 21, 2012 8:00 pm
gtan...@gmail.comJul 22, 2012 9:41 am
Laurent HassonJul 22, 2012 10:02 am
eduardo pelegri-llopartJul 22, 2012 10:16 am
Ross GardlerJul 22, 2012 10:19 am
Paul PlaquetteJul 23, 2012 2:26 am
Laurent HassonJul 24, 2012 6:15 pm
Filip MajJul 25, 2012 10:45 am
Dan SilivestruJul 25, 2012 11:02 am
Michael BrooksJul 25, 2012 5:12 pm
Paul PlaquetteJul 26, 2012 6:57 am
gtan...@gmail.comJul 26, 2012 7:06 am
Jukka ZittingJul 26, 2012 7:25 am
Ross GardlerJul 26, 2012 7:53 am
Filip MajJul 26, 2012 10:04 am
Ken WallisJul 26, 2012 10:51 am
Filip MajJul 26, 2012 11:10 am
gtan...@gmail.comJul 26, 2012 11:18 am
Ross GardlerJul 26, 2012 11:36 am
Brian LeRouxJul 26, 2012 11:49 am
Filip MajJul 26, 2012 1:29 pm
Ross GardlerJul 26, 2012 1:58 pm
Jukka ZittingJul 30, 2012 6:53 am
Ross GardlerJul 30, 2012 7:04 am
Jukka ZittingJul 30, 2012 7:06 am
Ross GardlerJul 30, 2012 7:31 am
Michael BrooksJul 30, 2012 8:56 am
Ross GardlerJul 30, 2012 9:21 am
Gord TannerJul 30, 2012 2:18 pm
Ross GardlerJul 31, 2012 7:49 am
Jukka ZittingJul 31, 2012 10:03 am
Dan SilivestruJul 31, 2012 10:07 am
Gord TannerAug 2, 2012 8:58 am
Ross GardlerAug 3, 2012 12:52 am
Dan SilivestruAug 3, 2012 5:24 am
Subject:Re: [ATTN MENTOR] Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
From:Gord Tanner (
Date:Jul 30, 2012 2:18:05 pm

What are the community requirements for ASF?

Ripple right now has a rather small community behind it (3 people core at RIM) and a few forks out in the wild that haven't been merged back in yet. Our main goal for Ripple being in the ASF is to try to build community around it and get the cordova / mobile web app developer bases behind it and able to contribute to it without the "This belongs to RIM" mindset we are getting now.

I see so many similarities between Ripple and Winre, both have nothing to do with Cordova proper but the development communities are intimately tied together.

I don't see the topics cross-cutting as much, but in order to properly keep up on development of ripple one has to follow the cordova mailing list closely. Basically no message in the cordova mailing list is irrelevant to the development of Ripple but some discussion of Ripple will not apply to Cordova.

With that being said I think a separate project and mailing list with a hidden requirement of following the cordova-dev mailing list would be the best solution. Any cross cutting topics could be brought up in the appropriate mailing lists.

This may be getting off topic now for the cordova mailing lists so who do I talk to from ASF to start setting up the donation of Ripple?