atom feed2 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-imapRe: [Courier-imap] Creates folders wi...
FromSent OnAttachments
Stefan Hornburg (Racke)Mar 22, 2011 1:00 am
Sam VarshavchikMar 22, 2011 4:02 am
Subject:Re: [Courier-imap] Creates folders without proper encoding (Debian bug)
From:Sam Varshavchik (mrs@courier-mta.com)
Date:Mar 22, 2011 4:02:10 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-imap

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) writes:

I.e. courier has created a folder with an invalid name (the second).

I don't know whether the IMAP protocol states that the client should encode folder names as IMAPUTF7, but in that case courier should have given an error back to imapfilter, when it first tried to create it. If

The IMAP client is responsible for creating and encoding folder names. Courier does not validate folder names.

the IMAP protocol doesn't give the client that responsibility, courier should have detected the iso8859-1 character and encoded it properly.

A folder name is given as an unqualified octet stream, without an indication of which character set is used for the folder name.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Enable your software for Intel(R) Active Management Technology to meet the growing manageability and security demands of your customers. Businesses are taking advantage of Intel(R) vPro (TM) technology - will your software be a part of the solution? Download the Intel(R) Manageability Checker today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmar