atom feed57 messages in org.xwiki.usersRe: [xwiki-users] [xwiki-devs] [Prop...
FromSent OnAttachments
Ecaterina ValicaMay 10, 2010 6:39 am
Guillaume LerougeMay 10, 2010 7:01 am
Ecaterina ValicaMay 10, 2010 7:07 am
Thomas MortagneMay 10, 2010 8:21 am
Ecaterina ValicaMay 13, 2010 1:57 am
Ecaterina ValicaMay 18, 2010 2:03 am
Guillaume LerougeMay 18, 2010 8:08 am
Denis GervalleMay 18, 2010 8:29 am
Ecaterina ValicaMay 19, 2010 3:23 am
Ecaterina ValicaMay 19, 2010 3:39 am
Denis GervalleMay 19, 2010 6:52 am
Ecaterina ValicaMay 19, 2010 7:33 am
Ecaterina ValicaMay 20, 2010 9:18 am
Guillaume LerougeMay 20, 2010 9:21 am
Ecaterina ValicaMay 21, 2010 10:51 am
Alex BuseniusMay 21, 2010 11:42 am
Ecaterina ValicaMay 21, 2010 10:57 pm
Denis GervalleMay 22, 2010 1:31 am
Ecaterina ValicaMay 26, 2010 6:48 am
Ecaterina ValicaMay 27, 2010 12:57 am
Denis GervalleMay 27, 2010 1:26 am
Ecaterina ValicaMay 31, 2010 7:53 am
Ecaterina ValicaMay 31, 2010 7:54 am
Denis GervalleJun 1, 2010 12:03 am
Ecaterina ValicaJun 1, 2010 3:54 am
Ecaterina ValicaJun 3, 2010 9:09 am
Denis GervalleJun 4, 2010 12:42 am
Ecaterina ValicaJun 4, 2010 9:54 am
Alex BuseniusJun 4, 2010 10:57 am
Ecaterina ValicaJun 4, 2010 11:23 am
Raluca StavroJun 4, 2010 11:33 am
Raluca StavroJun 4, 2010 11:36 am
Alex BuseniusJun 4, 2010 12:05 pm
Denis GervalleJun 4, 2010 3:53 pm
Ecaterina ValicaJun 7, 2010 1:22 am
Ecaterina ValicaJun 7, 2010 1:50 am
Denis GervalleJun 7, 2010 2:24 am
Ecaterina ValicaJun 7, 2010 8:00 am
Ecaterina ValicaJun 8, 2010 2:19 am
Denis GervalleJun 8, 2010 3:46 am
Raluca StavroJun 8, 2010 4:44 am
Ecaterina ValicaJun 8, 2010 6:41 am
15 later messages
Subject:Re: [xwiki-users] [xwiki-devs] [Proposal] Rights Management UI
From:Ecaterina Valica (vali@gmail.com)
Date:May 21, 2010 10:57:51 pm
List:org.xwiki.users

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 21:42, Alex Busenius <alex@xwiki.com>wrote:

I like this version, it makes clear what is allowed/denied and why, but it takes a lot of space. What if those rights names would be replaced by big icons and placed side by side? Like this (sorry for ASCII-art):

Big Icons: We are using Silk set for our icons and this is constraining. Also, Rights version 3-4 were made having rights extensibility in mind, for use cases like adding "captchaComment" right, or "annotate" right, or "applicationXusage" right .... so I don't think is very good if applications are gonna have to choose their custom icon to represent their custom right, because is gonna be a mess in the UI.

There are few possible icons to choose from (in order to keep the look&feel unitary) and having the developers choose their own icon for the right they extend is gonna break the UI consistency. I think is much easier, extensible and less visual cryptic to textual describe an extensible right.

Placed side by side: Version 4 takes a lot of space, yes, but the problem with side by side is that is less readable (harder to scan the rights order). Also it's easier to have a bigger area to select when you want to drag an item.

Thanks Alex for your feedback, Caty