|Subject:||[Translate-devel] Translate Toolkit 1.2.1 released|
|From:||F Wolff (frie...@translate.org.za)|
|Date:||Dec 4, 2008 4:58:03 am|
New versions of the Translate Toolkit and of Pootle were released today. The announcement for Pootle is in a separate mail on the translate-pootle list (and the translate-announce list).
Pootle and the Translate Toolkit are the leading Free tools for online localisation management and translation.
This is a bugfix release of the Translate Toolkit, but contains at some major new features as well. This is the recommended version of the Translate Toolkit for Pootle 1.2.1.
Important changes for upgrading from earlier versions are documented on the wiki at http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/important_changes
* A new tool, pretranslate, backported from trunk. Read more here: http://translate.sourceforge.netw/wiki/toolkit/pretranslate
* New converter: The first testing releases of odf2xliff and xliff2odf as part of our project to make ODF files translatable with XLIFF files. Make sure you have at least Python 2.4 and an up to date version of lxml. http://translate.sourceforge.netw/wiki/toolkit/odf2xliff
* poen is removed - podebug can now completely replace it
* We now generate correct MO files on 64 bit systems (bug 575)
* Properly handle DONT_TRANSLATE comments in Mozilla properties files (bug 619)
* Some fixes in the handling of Mozilla DTD files.
* An option to optionally not use HTML tidy with po2html
* Reliability improvements to statistics that should improve things for Pootle
* Some tweaks for certain Indic languages to disable capitalisation checks.
The API documentation for the toolkit is available here: http://translate.sourceforge.net/doc/api/ The Translate Toolkit API provides a powerful library for the development of localisation applications.
The releases and accompanying documentation is available for download at https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=91920&package_id=97082
Dependencies to run the translate toolkit 1.2.*: * Python (version 2.5 is the best tested version, but 2.3 and 2.4 should work fine). Please report if you still need support for version 2.3 as this might be dropped in future releases. Please report on your success with Python 2.6!
* lxml is required for all processing of XML files (XLIFF, TMX, TBX). PO functionality might work without lxml.
* pocount needs pysqlite. Python 2.5 includes pysqlite, but pysqlite2 needs to be installed if you are using an older version of Python. http://www.initd.org/tracker/pysqlite/wiki/pysqlite
* python-Levenshtein is optional, but helps to speed up all activities that involve fuzzy matching, like pot2po and pretranslate (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=91920&package_id=260161)
* psyco is optional, but helps with performance (http://psyco.sourceforge.net/)
Other dependencies of specific tools are mentioned in the README file.
The 1.2 release is maintained in an SVN branch https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/translate/src/branches/Pootle-toolkit-1.2/
The live documentation is available on the wiki at http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/index
Please report bugs at http://bugs.locamotion.org