atom feed6 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-imapRe: [Courier-imap] iPhone = Connectio...
FromSent OnAttachments
SimonJan 1, 2008 12:46 pm
SimonJan 2, 2008 3:10 am
Jay LeeJan 2, 2008 1:27 pm
moussJan 2, 2008 1:47 pm
SimonJan 2, 2008 1:53 pm
SimonJan 2, 2008 1:57 pm
Subject:Re: [Courier-imap] iPhone = Connection reset by peer errors
From:mouss (mlis@free.fr)
Date:Jan 2, 2008 1:47:22 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-imap

Simon wrote:

Hi,

I've been getting this in my logs quite often ever since I set up my bosses iPhone to access our server directly:

imapd-ssl: couriertls: read: Connection reset by peer

I really like the IMAP client on the iPhone, except for this. I wasn't sure it was iPhone related, until we had someone else get one, and theirs is doing the same thing.

Don't misunderstand me... it seems to work fine, both sending and accessing, but sometimes (not every time), I get the above error when they connect (the error PRECEDES the rest of the normal logged events of their session).

I know this is most likely an iPhone issue, but I was just curious if anyone else has seen this, and maybe/hopefully figured out a workaround...

you could try installing ImapIdle on the iPhone: http://iphone.rustyredwagon.com/

not sure if there is an Apple implementation.