atom feed8 messages in org.apache.maven.usersRe: New tomcat plugin
FromSent OnAttachments
Brian EwinsDec 4, 2002 4:50 am
Brian EwinsDec 4, 2002 7:36 am.jar, .zip
Alexei BarantsevDec 4, 2002 7:56 am
Brian EwinsDec 4, 2002 8:10 am
Alexei BarantsevDec 4, 2002 8:24 am
Brian EwinsDec 4, 2002 9:03 am
di...@multitask.com.auDec 4, 2002 5:36 pm
Brian EwinsDec 5, 2002 2:56 am
Subject:Re: New tomcat plugin
From:di...@multitask.com.au (di@multitask.com.au)
Date:Dec 4, 2002 5:36:20 pm
List:org.apache.maven.users

Hi Brian,

this looks great.

We started working on an 'appserver' plugin a while back, and it got stalled due to other problems :)

Would you mind us integrating this into the generic appserver plugin? -- dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting Blog: http://www.freeroller.net/page/dion/Weblog Work: http://www.multitask.com.au

Brian Ewins <Bria@btinternet.com> wrote on 05/12/2002 02:36:31 AM:

Since no-one's replied... here it is. The zip is the source, to go in jakarta-turbine-maven/src/plugins-build, the jar should work if dropped into your plugins directory. Since there is no catalina-ant.jar in ibiblio, you will need to get one for yourself- download a release from: http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.12/bin/

and copy 'CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/catalina-ant.jar' to 'MAVEN_HOME/repository/tomcat/jars/catalina-ant-4.1.12.jar'.

To use it in a project, add something like this to your project.properties: maven.tomcat.url = http://freedonia:8080/manager maven.tomcat.username = flywheel maven.tomcat.password = swordfish (read the tomcat manager how-to!!)

and type: maven tomcat:deploy

Your webapp will be built and deployed onto the server. There are xdocs for everything if you want more details.

The plugin depends on a jar from TC 4.1.12, but some of the manager app functions will work fine on earlier tomcats - see your server docs for details.

CAVEAT: this is not an official plugin, so don't rely on this for production scripts unless you're happy that this copy is all you need.

-Baz

BTW: Is there a reason why there's no 'plugin' plugin? Seems like most of the plugin maven.xml's are the same?

Brian Ewins wrote:

I've written a tomcat plugin I'd like to donate, once I'm through testing. It needs catalina-ant.jar (not on ibiblio as far as I can see).

Its pretty small and straightforward, since its just a wrapper for the

tomcat ant tasks. Should I just attach it on jira, or...?

-Baz

[attachment "maven-tomcat-plugin-1.0.jar" deleted by dIon Gillard/Multitask Consulting/AU] [attachment "tomcat.zip" deleted by dIon Gillard/Multitask Consulting/AU] -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: <mailto:turbine-maven-user- unsu@jakarta.apache.org> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:turbine-maven-user- he@jakarta.apache.org> ForwardSourceID:NT00095216