atom feed4 messages in org.mozilla.lists.dev-apps-bugzillaFirst Draft of Quick Start Guide
FromSent OnAttachments
Gervase MarkhamAug 6, 2014 3:57 am
Colin OgilvieAug 6, 2014 7:59 am
Gervase MarkhamAug 6, 2014 8:10 am
Cédric CorazzaAug 8, 2014 3:23 pm
Subject:First Draft of Quick Start Guide
From:Gervase Markham (ge@mozilla.org)
Date:Aug 6, 2014 3:57:50 am
List:org.mozilla.lists.dev-apps-bugzilla

https://etherpad.mozilla.org/bugzilla-quick-start (It's reStructured Text, of course.)

I've run through the instructions using a local VirtualBox VM, and got from 'bare metal' to running Bugzilla in 20 minutes, and that included 8 mins of OS install and some tweaks to the instructions along the way.

Please could all core Bugzilla hackers take 10 minutes to read it through and add comments, particularly where I've marked it with XXX and posed a question?

If we can get this as simple as possible, I think it will have a significant effect on uptake of Bugzilla, and lead to a significant reduction in installation-related questions :-)

Thanks!

Gerv