atom feed3 messages in com.googlegroups.professional-phpPHP tool to keep MySQL structure up t...
FromSent OnAttachments
JamesJan 30, 2008 2:18 am
flowoverJan 31, 2008 12:33 am
TridentFeb 3, 2008 5:58 am
Subject:PHP tool to keep MySQL structure up to date
From:James (ja.@oyster-web.co.uk)
Date:Jan 30, 2008 2:18:31 am
List:com.googlegroups.professional-php

So, I program PHP/MySQL projects in Subversion. While Subversion is great for syncing code, syncing database structures and contents is not possible. It makes it hard to have multiple development installs - while it takes 5 seconds to sync the code, you then have to sit there for ages and update the DB by hand.

It seems it would be easy to have a tool that would take a data file of a mysql db structure and compare it to a live DB, and tell the user which tables and columns are missing or have the wrong type, and then update the DB automatically for the user.

Is there any tool like this out there? If not, I think I'm going to have a go at this myself ...

Thanks in advance,