atom feed730 messages in org.kde.kde-cafeRe: Blood (was Re: http:...)
FromSent OnAttachments
349 earlier messages
Daniel CassidyApr 16, 2002 11:43 am
Timothy R. ButlerApr 16, 2002 12:09 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 16, 2002 12:13 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 16, 2002 12:20 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 16, 2002 12:25 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 16, 2002 12:38 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 16, 2002 2:46 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 16, 2002 2:51 pm
Bob RaymondApr 16, 2002 2:56 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 16, 2002 3:04 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 16, 2002 3:29 pm
Daniel CassidyApr 16, 2002 3:33 pm
Linus GasserApr 17, 2002 12:21 am
Linus GasserApr 17, 2002 12:25 am
Linus GasserApr 17, 2002 12:28 am
Bob RaymondApr 17, 2002 4:19 am
Bob RaymondApr 17, 2002 4:27 am
Bob RaymondApr 17, 2002 4:42 am
Malte StarostikApr 17, 2002 4:46 am
Linus GasserApr 17, 2002 5:30 am
depApr 17, 2002 6:36 am
Bob RaymondApr 17, 2002 7:05 am
Aaron J. SeigoApr 17, 2002 8:25 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 8:34 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 8:39 am
Aaron J. SeigoApr 17, 2002 8:42 am
Timothy R. ButlerApr 17, 2002 8:42 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 8:43 am
Aaron J. SeigoApr 17, 2002 8:44 am
Aaron J. SeigoApr 17, 2002 8:45 am
Aaron J. SeigoApr 17, 2002 8:51 am
Timothy R. ButlerApr 17, 2002 9:03 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 9:06 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 9:09 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 9:10 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 9:24 am
Timothy R. ButlerApr 17, 2002 9:27 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 9:29 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 9:31 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 9:34 am
Timothy R. ButlerApr 17, 2002 9:34 am
Timothy R. ButlerApr 17, 2002 9:42 am
Bob RaymondApr 17, 2002 9:45 am
Timothy R. ButlerApr 17, 2002 9:46 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 9:47 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 9:50 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 9:51 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 17, 2002 9:56 am
Ryan CummingApr 17, 2002 9:56 am
Jason HarrisApr 17, 2002 10:08 am
331 later messages
Subject:Re: Blood (was Re: http:...)
From:Roberto Alsina (rals@kde.org)
Date:Apr 17, 2002 8:39:41 am
List:org.kde.kde-cafe

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Timothy R. Butler wrote:

I don't see it that way. I agree about the meaning of church, but how did he "buy" his following? I think it means that they will become his followers because of the blood, that's a simpler, more logical explanation.

I meant He bought the debts of his followers, paid their ransom per se, not that He paid them to follow Him.

why is it that whenever there is a simple logical meaning for the words, the "real" one must be an obscure one that relies 50% on what is not there?

It is dogma today that there is a trinity because those who disagreed were declared heretic and killed. Protestantism (disagreing, for instance, on "mariolatry") is simply a succesful heresy.

There are many groups that disagree with the Trinity that are out there (Jehovah's Witnesses, Unitarian Universalists, Mormonism, and so on). The reason the main Church adopted that doctrine officially, is that was the established belief when the Council at Nicene meet in the early fourth century.

It is dogma because it was declared dogma. councils are how dogma is created :-)

If you consider true only the things no heretic disagreed with, you end with a pretty thin religion ;-)

Actually none at all, most likely. :-)

But if religious fogmas are based on the clear translation of a text written in a clear language, one would expect a different thing, correct?

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this mailinglist are the personal opinions of the author and do not represent KDE or the author's employer.