atom feed3 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.translate-devel[Translate-devel] Which duplicatestyl...
FromSent OnAttachments
F WolffDec 15, 2008 1:02 am
JulenDec 15, 2008 1:10 am
F WolffJan 7, 2009 7:40 am
Subject:[Translate-devel] Which duplicatestyles are people using?
From:F Wolff (frie@translate.org.za)
Date:Dec 15, 2008 1:02:29 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.translate-devel

Hallo list

I'm writing to hear if anybody still use the --duplicatestyle with the "keep" option in any of our converters. More information about the handling of duplicates is here: http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/duplicates_duplicatestyle

A few of these options are now getting very dated, and I'm guessing it is not widely used anymore. "keep" was probably a valid solution at the time before msgctxt and KDE comments was a possibility, but now gettext has had support for msgctxt for ages. The files generated with --duplicatestyle=keep was never valid files in the eyes of gettext anyway. It would simplify a few things if we can remove support for a few of these duplicatestyles, I think.

I'd like to hear what options for --duplicatestyle people commonly use. I think all our tools now use "msgctxt" by default, but perhaps some people are still using "merge" or something else? Please respond here in the thread.

Keep well Friedel