atom feed2 messages in com.googlegroups.reddot-cms-usersRe: Problem with executing RQL within...
FromSent OnAttachments
AlexMay 11, 2008 4:58 pm
El Pollo LocoMay 12, 2008 5:04 am
Subject:Re: Problem with executing RQL within IORangePreExecute.
From:El Pollo Loco (el.p@gmail.com)
Date:May 12, 2008 5:04:21 am
List:com.googlegroups.reddot-cms-users

Hi Alex,

You cannot PreExecute an Update / Write RQL, to where content is updated / written to the database.

The problem is that the PageBuilder (which is processing the PreExecute code) can only take one call at a time.

When you do an Update RQL, the page cache needs to be updated by the PageBuilder, but it cannot because the PageBuilder is busy processing the PreExecute code, and in the PreExecute code not finishing as it is waiting for the page cache to be updated.

Typically, people do Update RQL's in Smart Edit only blockmarks, so that no PreExecute is needed, and the code will not be present in the published page. I think the RenderMode rendertag will work for this as well, so that only on publish, will a block of code be excluded.