atom feed9 messages in com.redhat.et-mgmt-toolsRe: [et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler, findks.c...
FromSent OnAttachments
Michael DeHaanApr 18, 2008 9:22 am
Michael DeHaanApr 18, 2008 9:27 am
Peter WrightApr 18, 2008 12:32 pm
Michael DeHaanApr 18, 2008 3:53 pm
Michael DeHaanApr 18, 2008 3:55 pm
Michael DeHaanApr 18, 2008 3:56 pm
Pablo Iranzo GómezApr 19, 2008 11:30 am
Pablo Iranzo GómezApr 19, 2008 1:39 pm
Michael DeHaanApr 21, 2008 2:01 pm
Subject:Re: [et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler, findks.cgi, registration, and so forth
From:Pablo Iranzo Gómez (Pabl@redhat.com)
Date:Apr 19, 2008 11:30:58 am
List:com.redhat.et-mgmt-tools

Hi This auto-registration feature seems not to work if using koan to replace a machine, as it relies on MAC and:

koan -r downloads the file using wget to store it, so no mac info sent, machine would be correctly deployed, but no ks request will be made by anaconda, so no autoregistration.

wget in kickstart profile, also, doesn't send mac, so this will not register the machine.

Solution:

¿Make Koan to always use http://cobblerserver as the ks path instead of downloading to disk?

Regards Pablo

PD: I like this idea of auto-registration

-- Pablo Iranzo Gómez (http://Alufis35.uv.es/~iranzo/) (PGPKey Available on http://www.uv.es/~iranzop/PGPKey.pgp) -- Postulado de Boling sobre la Ley de Murphy:

Si se encuentra bien, no se preocupe. Se le pasará