atom feed9 messages in org.eclipse.cdt-devRe: [cdt-dev] how to change compiler ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Nathan RidgeMay 11, 2012 7:15 pm
Nathan RidgeMay 11, 2012 7:17 pm
Andrew GvozdevMay 11, 2012 8:28 pm
Nathan RidgeMay 11, 2012 9:14 pm
Andrew GvozdevMay 12, 2012 4:42 am
Nathan RidgeMay 12, 2012 1:15 pm
Nathan RidgeMay 13, 2012 8:31 pm
Andrew GvozdevMay 14, 2012 1:49 am
Nathan RidgeMay 14, 2012 3:28 pm
Subject:Re: [cdt-dev] how to change compiler command
From:Nathan Ridge (zera@hotmail.com)
Date:May 12, 2012 1:15:27 pm
List:org.eclipse.cdt-dev

${COMMAND} comes from toolchain definition, this resolves to "gcc". You can replace it with your custom command as before.

Where do I replace it?

Directly in the field you are asking about. Just replace ${COMMAND} with the compiler command you wish to use:

in Preferences -> C/C++ -> Settings -> Discovery

tab -> CDT GCC Builtin Compiler Settings, there is a field named "Command to get compiler specs"

Oh, I see. I thought the proper way would have been to edit something else so that ${COMMAND} itself resolves to "gcc-4.7" rather than "gcc" - but I guess that works.

Thanks, Nate