atom feed5 messages in org.apache.incubator.aries-userDoes the SPI Fly Static Weaving bundl...
FromSent OnAttachments
Tovi AlmozlinoFeb 4, 2014 11:59 am
David BosschaertFeb 4, 2014 12:05 pm
David BosschaertFeb 5, 2014 6:44 am
David BosschaertFeb 5, 2014 7:16 am
Tovi AlmozlinoFeb 12, 2014 4:05 pm
Subject:Does the SPI Fly Static Weaving bundle actually work?
From:Tovi Almozlino (tov@gmail.com)
Date:Feb 4, 2014 11:59:42 am
List:org.apache.incubator.aries-user

Hi there,

I'm trying to get an OSGI bundle that uses JAX-WS (which uses ServiceLoader) working in an OSGI 4.2 framework.

It seems that the SPI Fly Static Weaving command line tool generates a Manifest file that the Static Weaving runtime bundle doesn't know how to read. Specifically, the bundle seems to be looking for hash signs (#) in the Manifest's Require-Capability header which the tool is definitely not generating.

I tried editing them in manually, and although the bundle did accept the edited Manifest, the weaving did not seem to work.

I'm pointing it at the javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider interface and the com.sun.xml.internal.ws.spi.ProviderImpl implementation, although I'm not sure about that last one. I'd also prefer that my bundle be both a "Consumer" AND a "Provider" (with the appropriate file in its resources/services directory), which I'm not entirely sure is okay, although I don't see why it couldn't be.

Any advice?