atom feed25 messages in org.kde.kmail-devel[Draft] Selections and actions on mes...
FromSent OnAttachments
Volker AugustinApr 13, 2002 1:56 am
Ingo KlöckerApr 14, 2002 7:31 am
Volker AugustinApr 14, 2002 8:02 am
Ingo KlöckerApr 14, 2002 8:25 am
Carsten BurghardtApr 14, 2002 8:51 am
Volker AugustinApr 14, 2002 9:29 am
Marc MutzApr 14, 2002 12:02 pm
Marc MutzApr 14, 2002 12:07 pm
Volker AugustinApr 14, 2002 1:04 pm
Ingo KlöckerApr 14, 2002 1:55 pm
Marc MutzApr 14, 2002 2:07 pm
Volker AugustinApr 14, 2002 2:52 pm
Ingo KlöckerApr 14, 2002 3:08 pm
Volker AugustinApr 14, 2002 3:10 pm
Volker AugustinApr 14, 2002 3:20 pm
Marc MutzApr 14, 2002 3:37 pm
Ingo KlöckerApr 14, 2002 3:48 pm
Ingo KlöckerApr 14, 2002 3:56 pm
Marc MutzApr 15, 2002 3:38 am.png
Marc MutzApr 15, 2002 3:45 am
Volker AugustinApr 16, 2002 10:49 am
Marc MutzApr 16, 2002 2:51 pm
Carsten BurghardtApr 16, 2002 2:54 pm
Ingo KlöckerApr 16, 2002 3:41 pm
Marc MutzApr 17, 2002 4:28 am
Subject:[Draft] Selections and actions on messages and threads
From:Volker Augustin (volk@perfektionismus.de)
Date:Apr 13, 2002 1:56:20 am
List:org.kde.kmail-devel

Sorry for breaking the thread but I thought this was getting too messy and the title of the thread did not correspond to the topic discussed anymore.

Proposal:

1. Message selection: a) There need to be different key accelerators to select a single message of the whole thread containing the message. This should work independent of whether the thread is expanded or collapsed. b) There should be visual feedback about what is selected. Therefore we need different highlightings for selected threads and selected single messages 2. Message deletion: a) Of course, if we have a selection, pressing D should delete all selected messages b) If just moving through the header list with the mouse or the keys, D should always just delete the current message whereas Ctrl+D should delete the whole thread if the thread is collapsed. In case the thread is expanded I suggest popping up a dialog box asking the user to select (i) delete whole thread containing the message (ii) delete all messages in the current thread below and including the selected message 3. RMB In case of clicking with the right mouse button on a message the following actions should be available: a) Delete message b) Delete whole thread This should be independent of whether the thread is expanded or not.

In case messages are marked these actions should be replaced by "Delete marked messages" which obviously means that all highlighted messages should be deleted. Of course this would mean the selection according to (1).

Comments?