atom feed12 messages in org.apache.jakarta.generalRe: [VOTE] Release BSF 3.1
FromSent OnAttachments
sebbMay 18, 2010 10:16 am
Jörg SchaibleMay 18, 2010 12:39 pm
sebbMay 18, 2010 1:25 pm
Jörg SchaibleMay 18, 2010 1:50 pm
sebbMay 18, 2010 2:34 pm
Jörg SchaibleMay 18, 2010 2:45 pm
Jörg SchaibleMay 18, 2010 3:12 pm
sebbMay 18, 2010 3:15 pm
sebbMay 18, 2010 4:04 pm
Jörg SchaibleMay 19, 2010 12:06 am
Jörg SchaibleMay 19, 2010 12:33 am
sebbMay 20, 2010 3:40 am
Subject:Re: [VOTE] Release BSF 3.1
From:Jörg Schaible (joer@gmx.de)
Date:May 19, 2010 12:06:10 am
List:org.apache.jakarta.general

sebb wrote:

On 18/05/2010, Jörg Schaible <joer@gmx.de> wrote:

sebb wrote:

On 18/05/2010, Jörg Schaible <joer@gmx.de> wrote:

[snip]

Yes, if I add this, the build runs through. However, you're aware that the usage of repositories within the POMs is strongly discouraged and IIRC will no longer work in M3?

No, I was not aware of that.

How are such dependencies supposed to be managed then?

The problem is that in a company environment you want normally to control the accessed remote resources (or with a repo manager like Nexus) and with such repository declarations arbitrary locations are added. http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/02/why-putting-repositories-in-your- poms-is-a-bad-idea/

I've read the article, and I don't think it applies here, because: - it only affects one test project - the test projects are not uploaded to Maven.

So I think the best is to re-instate the repo reference.

It seems the discussion is still open: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.turbine.maven.devel/93721

However, it is pointless for BSF 3.1 release ...

- Jörg